Last time I visited a Bed and Breakfast, I asked for a copy of a recipe for a particularly delicious morning pastry. The hostess obliged by hand-copying the recipe for me on a sheet of guesthouse stationery.
But wouldn’t it have been nice if I could have bought a copy of the Bed & Breakfast’s recipe cookbook?
Homey B&B lodgings and recipes
While traveling I often try to stay at local B&B’s. It’s fun meeting like-minded travelers, the accommodation is usually very homey, and the food is most likely top-notch.
I’m surprised that more Bed and Breakfast hosts don’t think of presenting special recipes to their guests.
Making a Bed & Breakfast recipe cookbook would be so easy with Matilda’s Fantastic Cookbook Software. There could even be a section in each B&B cookbook about famous people who’ve stayed there. The host might include a little story and photo of this noteworthy stopover.
What a wonderful souvenir of a nice visit and a lovely way for the hosts to pass on their best B&B recipes. Not to mention a great new revenue stream for the guesthouse.
Do you run a Bed and Breakfast? Are there special recipes you could include in a cookbook? Might be worth trying!
Happy B&B cookbooking,
- Easy Apple Pecan Cream Pie Recipe – Reinvent Grandma’s Old Standby
- Brown Bag Lunch is a Picnic with Your Family Cookbook!
- How to Choose Good Recipe Software & Avoid the Data-Entry Dungeon
- 6 Things You Need to Know about Wood Spoons
- How to Please Everyone with a Family Cookbook at Your Reunion!
- Light & Simple Cilantro Dressing (+ Tips on Keeping Your Coriander Fresh)