What could be easier?
Possibly from the depression (the one in 1929) or maybe even earlier. A pie with only 3 ingredients?
It is similar to a custard pie, but not as heavy. I usually put cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg in mine, though I have made it with coconut, which is delicious! It really is versatile, you can even make a chocolate version by adding cocoa powder and chocolate chips sprinkled on top. My husband’s favorite is orange, I just put a few drops of orange extract in the filling and zest some orange peel on top.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups real cream
- Pie shell (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine sugar and flour in a mixing bowl
- Hand whisk in cream a bit at a time
- When thoroughly mixed, pour into pie shell
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the filling is set
You can serve it hot, but I prefer to chill mine and serve it cold with some nice hot tea. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!