A recipe binder will be an invaluable aid to your grad as he or she heads out into the world!
At last, after all the anxiety you’ve had over your small innocent child’s education, worrying about whether they were getting enough to eat, enough sleep, after all the worry of how well they would do when taking their finals, you daughter or son at last has graduated and is heading off into the big wide world.
Well, good for them. They are all grown up now. They should be proud of themselves, and you, I know, are so proud of them.
But there you are, back home, still worrying “will they be getting enough to eat”? In the past mothers’ might have carefully hand-written the cherished family recipe onto elegant cards in a recipe box as an heirloom gift for their departing daughters, but times have changed in lots of ways, and change is not always a bad thing. Today a family recipe binder is a highly appropriate gift for any graduate. Here’s why:
- Having a family recipe binder will give them a sense of support and stability. Your children may have to move far away from you to college or to where the work is, but those family recipes will show them that they will always had a strong centrality of family support – and because of that they will grow in strength and thus gain the confidence to move forward in life.
- Everyone needs to cook for themselves. Don’t for one minute think that cooking is just for women! With the onset of popular TV shows young men are just as likely to be in the kitchen showing off their culinary skills – and they are certainly going to need some of those skills. Dining out is going to be beyond many a graduate’s budget, and cheap dining out will not impress a date as much as a home-cooked meal. His friends too will feel more comfortable in a homely atmosphere knowing that they are all in the same boat and will have to make their way across many stormy seas before they are really doing any serious earning!
- Young men and women alike are increasingly in need of your advice and your recipes, especially if they haven’t had much practical experience. Kids seem so busy these days, often too busy to spend their afternoons watching and learning from mom’s (or dad’s!) cooking in the kitchen! They are more likely to be sitting at the kitchen table or in front of a computer, plowing through the piles of homework, or out at soccer practice, or music lessons, or any of those other required activities in the life of a modern American child. Now all the hard work has paid off – but maybe for the first time, they’re going to need to know how to prepare a nutritious meal for themselves!
- Using a recipe binder makes it easy for them to add new printed out recipes or cuttings. Most parents these days are happy to send e-mails – hey, how would you ever communicate with the kids otherwise? Were you really expecting a weekly letter from college? No, we have to learn to keep up with them! So a message from Jimmy Jr. requesting that dish that you used to have on Friday evenings after soccer practice is easily replied to over the internet, and can be printed out and added to the growing full-page recipe binder or quickly popped into that recipe accordion file!
- A collection of family recipes will give them confidence and inspiration to discover new ideas of their own. Now your daughter or son has made a start in life and has the beginnings of their expanding recipe binder to work with, they will gradually find their own recipes, perhaps on the internet, or they will try new dishes that they have found from living in a more cosmopolitan or culturally diverse society. And they will have you to thank – their growth of wisdom may have all started from the care that you gave when they were so in need of those, at times imperceptible, firm family foundations.
So contact us today to learn more about the wide range of recipe binders and recipe organizers and choose the perfect gift for your departing graduate!