My little recipe box has been serving me well for many years (incuding keeping recipes for my family cookbook). Every time I have misplaced something in the house (which is frequently of late), I always go look in my little recipe box, because I never know what I will find in there.
You might think it odd, but my little recipe box has had a whole other life besides its original use. Here are some of the items that have found their way into my little recipe box over time:
1. Car keys and house keys (you’ll always know where they are)
2. 4 x 6 envelopes and note cards (I use the bigger 4 x 6 recipe box)
3. Index cards for list making
4. Postcards from past vacations
6. Post-it® Note pads
7. Scrapbooking paper
8. Discount food coupons
9. Business cards
10. Cut up unsolicited credit cards to shred
11. Golf balls & tees
12. Highlighter markers
13. Teabags (in 2 rows)
14. Language flash cards
15. PEZ® candy refill packs, or chewing gum packs
16. Rubber bands
17. Old tangled necklaces
18. Clippings about websites to explore
20. Oh, yes. Recipes are nice, too.
My little recipe life sure has a life of its own. What do you keep in your little recipe box?