Gift bags with tissue fluffing out of the top are the easiest way to present gift items during the holidays or other special occasions. Gift bags are easy to accomplish, look pretty, and save tons of awkward moments (such as fumbling with last-minute gift wrapping on your car’s trunk while your friend peeks through her front window.)
Oh yes. We’ve all had those moments. To help get over the guilt of not gift wrapping every gift item in the traditional manner, here are my Top 5 reasons gift bags trump gift wrapping every time:
Top 5 Reasons Gift Bags Trump Gift Wrapping Every Time
1. There is no real “wrapping” involved. (See instructions below.)
2. Completing a gift can be accomplished in mere minutes.
3. No extra tools are required. There is no need to wrestle with tape, scissors and rolls or sheets of oversized wrapping paper. All you need is the bag, some tissue sheets, and the gift item.
4. No extra space is required. There is no need to clear off the dining room table or make your bed to wrap a present.
5. People love getting gift bags: the gift bag is a ready-made way to transport a gift to another room, or even the car. (For many people, the beauty of a gift bag can be better than the gift item itself.)
Now, you probably know there is a right way to use gift bags successfully. (The wrong way is to shove the gift item into a bare gift bag with tissue wrapped around it.)
The proper way to stuff gift bags:
1. Place loosely crumpled tissue paper into the bag to cushion the gift item.
2. Nestle the gift item into the bag on top of the first layer of tissue.
3. Gently crumble more sheets of tissue on top of gift item, making sure the tissue fluffs out of the bag, but fully covers the gift item inside.
Why all this fuss about gift bags? Well, it so happens that our CookbookPeople.com website has a terrific selection of gift bags for all occasions (and fabulous gift items, too).
We also have a great gift bag guide that actually shows you how many of our gift items fit into our gift bags, whether standard size or large. Our gift bag guide really allows you to choose a nice gift bag to coordinate with your CookbookPeople.com gift item purchases, knowing everything will fit nicely into the selected gift bag. Check out examples of our Standard Gift Bag Guide or Large Gift Bag Guide at the links below:
As you have probably guessed, gift bags are here to stay in our fast-paced world. Gift bags are great for presenting gift items to individuals, for bridal shower gifts, and even for mass employee or business gifts (HR departments love gift bags). Just think of all the time gift bags can save — time you can use to make your family cookbook!